Singapore Blog Awards!

Hi everyone!

First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and this message.

I'M ONE OF THE FINALISTS FOR THE SINGAPORE BLOG AWARDS

under the Advertiser's Choice, best cooking blog category :) It would be fantastic if you all could spare me a few minutes everyday to just vote for me at this link:


Yup yup, you can vote everyday and don't worry, it's perfectly secure. You don't have to be Singaporean to vote, so my dear readers from overseas, you can participate too!

Thanks guys :))

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Rosemary, orange and cheddar overnight bread

Sometimes we have days where stirring together the few ingredients of a muffin is too much. Let’s not even talk about making bread on those days, right?


The idea of incorporating a bread making ritual into my weekly schedule was almost inconceivable to me. Already juggling the busy lives of a student, athlete and blogger, it was honestly hard to find extra time to bake even more so that my family could have freshly baked bread at home.

After all, the work required – kneading, rising, shaping, rising again, then finally baking – is a little too much in a fast paced world like ours. Unless, of course, you have a bread maker.


You might also have noticed that my bread recipes are at least a month apart. I can’t say I don’t like making bread, in fact I really do love the process. The kneading, the shaping, it’s all very therapeutic. It’s just very time consuming as well.

Which is exactly why when I found this, I was elated.

5 minute to stir together the dough, no kneading or shaping (if you don’t want to).

Could it be any easier?


Here, I’ve adapted Janet’s recipe and added orange, rosemary and some cheddar because I didn’t have lemon or gruyere. But feel free to change up the add-ins however you like!

The bread will come out fragrant, crusting and airy, just like breads that take 10x as much effort and 
attention :)

Ingredients:
3 cups / 384g plain flour
1/2 tsp / 2g instant yeast
1 tsp / 4g salt
1 1/2 cup / 8oz / 354ml / 354g warm water

Zest of 1 orange
1 tbsp chopped rosemary
1 cup / 200g shredded cheddar

Method:
  1. Stir together all the ingredients into a shaggy dough.
  2. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 12-18 hours.
  3. Form into a ball.
  4. Preheat your oven to 230 degrees Celsius or 450 degrees Fahrenheit and allow the dough to rise on the baking tray as you are doing so.
  5. Bake for 40 minutes.
Note that if you use active dry yeast instead of instant yeast, you will have to combine it with the water and let it get foamy (about 5 minutes) before combining with the rest of the ingredients.

Like Little Accidents in the Kitchen on Facebook and I will like you if you do =)
Follow me on twitter for updates and some odd bits of me.
Follow me on instagram to see snapshots of everything and anything (and updates!)
Follow me on pinterest if you desire an overload of deliciousness.

Any other social media you'd like to see me on?


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful loaf of bread. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...