Singapore Blog Awards!

Hi everyone!

First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and this message.

I'M ONE OF THE FINALISTS FOR THE SINGAPORE BLOG AWARDS

under the Advertiser's Choice, best cooking blog category :) It would be fantastic if you all could spare me a few minutes everyday to just vote for me at this link:


Yup yup, you can vote everyday and don't worry, it's perfectly secure. You don't have to be Singaporean to vote, so my dear readers from overseas, you can participate too!

Thanks guys :))

Monday, April 14, 2014

Smile :)

Originally, I had an essay on decisions penned out. Was it odd, that my posts are so sullen and solemn recently? But you know too, it’s the season.

So I scratched out the entire essay. ‘It’s the season’ is such a poor excuse.


I don’t want to spent too long on this post. Today is going to be fresh, I’ve told myself. Look at the moon tonight! How round and bright it is! Sometimes, we’re so caught up in our own feelings, our own little bubble of depression, that we forget to see the beauty of the nature around us.

I’m going to take some time every day to notice the little things in life. I’m going to be happy at trivial things. I’m going to smile.


Little things like finally getting a fountain pen after a year. Little things like how nice the wind feels tonight. Little things like painting my nail right on the first try. And maybe big things like how I’ve met so many kind people this year.

You should smile too :)


And by the way, these lemon blueberry cookies are the best I've had, ever.

Ingredients:
2 ¼ cups (280g) plain flour
1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt

½ cup (117g) butter, softened
1 cup (200g) brown sugar
¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar

1 egg
1 egg yolk

Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of half a lemon

1 ½ cup dried or fresh blueberries (I used dried)

Method:
1.      Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2.      Grease a cookie sheet.
3.      Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4.      Cream butter and sugars till light and fluffy.
5.      Whisk in egg and egg yolk.
6.      Whisk in the lemon juice and zest.
7.      Fold in blueberries.
8.      Scoop two tablespoons of cookie dough per cookie onto the prepared cookie sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between each mound.
9.      Bake for 12-16 minutes, until golden on the edges but still soft set in the centre.

10.   Cool for 5-10 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my you are soooo talented!! I'm amazed at your "accidents" and you're so humble too. I'm not sure how long ago your "about me" was written, but you definitely have a gift for being so young and talented in the kitchen. Thank you for your blog and goodluck in the future I'm sure we'll see great things come out from your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...