Singapore Blog Awards!

Hi everyone!

First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and this message.

I'M ONE OF THE FINALISTS FOR THE SINGAPORE BLOG AWARDS

under the Advertiser's Choice, best cooking blog category :) It would be fantastic if you all could spare me a few minutes everyday to just vote for me at this link:


Yup yup, you can vote everyday and don't worry, it's perfectly secure. You don't have to be Singaporean to vote, so my dear readers from overseas, you can participate too!

Thanks guys :))

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

TJ's Brownies :)

Oh, you know how much I worship brownies. My quest for the ultimate brownies… It hasn’t ended. I don’t think it ever will.


The ultimate brownie: an elusive theory, a far off dream. To be honest, the ultimate brownies (the perfect brownies, whatever you prefer to call them) are very subjective. Some people prefer the crackly crust (I’m all for them xD), some people don’t. Some people love them fudgy and soft. Some prefer them chewier.  Some people are just weird and like them cakey. I’m sorry, we just can’t be friends if you’re one of them.


Up till now, the ultimate brownie recipe has eluded me. It still eludes me. But this recipe comes pretty close.

I got this recipe off the most unexpected person: a thrower from school. Sometimes, you’ve got to look in the most unlikely of places to find the hidden gems. You’d never expect someone so buff and athletic to bake brownies, really good ones at that.


When I first got a taste, I was so taken aback, I didn’t know what to do with them. They were soft, fudgy, chocolate-y and not too sweet – almost everything my fictional ultimate brownies were.

No, they are not my ultimate brownies (still lacking the crackly crust), but for now, they more than satisfy my brownie craving.


TJ’s Brownies
Ingredients:
½ cup (113g) butter, melted
¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar

2 eggs
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract

¾ cup (96g) flour
1/3 cup (45g) cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt

Method:
1.      Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
2.      Line a 8x8cm baking pan with greased parchment paper.
3.      Stir together melted butter and sugar until combined (the mixture is no longer liquid butter and sugar but a thick, but rough, paste of sugar and butter).
4.      Stir in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla extract.
5.      Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
6.      Stir in till just combined.
7.      Scrape mixture into the prepared pan.
8.      Bake for 12-14 minutes, until a skewer poked in the centre comes out with just a few crumbs attached.
9.      Remove brownie from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.

10.   Serve warm or cool completely before cutting and storing.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo these look pretty good! :D I like my brownies quite fudgy but also chewy and totally agree with the cracked topping XD I also like to add things to my brownies.. like frozen berries, chocolate chips, nuts.. or even cream cheese!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh berries sound like a really good idea!!

      Delete
  2. Hope you enjoy the brownies :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...